Benefits to working with Northampton Sex Therapy Associates:
- Competitive reimbursement rates
- Minimal paperwork
- Training by AASECT Certified Supervisor of Sex Therapy, leading to associates’ eventual board certification as a Sex Therapist
- Paid AASECT Membership
- Weekly supervision by AASECT certified supervisor of sex therapy
- $250 annual training stipend
- Beautiful newly-renovated space
- Collegial, friendly working environment as part of a dedicated and passionate team of therapists
NSTA is a team of highly-trained clinicians and sexuality educators who conduct our work in an environment that uses social justice as one of our primary philosophies. NSTA therapists are dedicated to the belief that everybody deserves to have a vibrant and passionate sexual life in a body that is accepted, loved and valued, regardless of age, size, color, social class, sexual orientation, relationship formation, gender identity or physical ability. That means all therapists at NSTA are accepting and nonjudgmental about the entire range of sexual behavior and sexuality. We recognize the importance of being fully present in our bodies and believe that our clients deserve to experience that for themselves. NSTA is the only group private practice in New England exclusively providing sex therapy and sexuality counseling to couples, people in poly relationships and individuals.
NSTA does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status covered by federal, state or local law. All employment related decisions will be made on the basis of skills, ability, experience, education, training, and other legitimate factors related to the requirements of the specific position for which the applicant is being considered.
Desired Skills & Experience
All applicants must:
- Be licensed in Massachusetts as a Ph.D., Psy.D., LMHC, LMFT or LICSW
- Give evidence of/or be willing to undergo substantial couples therapy in Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Schnarch Crucible MOdel Sex Therapy and Johnson's EFT
- Have at least 7 years post-licensure clinical experience
- Have a background and/or demonstrated interest in human sexuality
- Expect to work two evenings each week or one weekend day
Be GLBTI friendly, aware and welcoming. (It would be a definite plus if
applicant has experience working with transgender population)
- Be willing to sign a non-compete for personal private practice in sex and/or couples therapy within a 50 mile radius of NSTA
Be used to working with a range of sexuality issues, and be familiar
with - or willing to train in - treatment protocols for ED, PE, DE and men
and women's sexual health and sexual pain disorders
NSTA is committed to providing culturally competent services and expanding our sex therapy services to more diverse communities. We have a commitment to provide the broadest base of abilities and competence to serve the intersectionality of identities and concerns that clients bring with them to treatment. Applicants with experience working in communities of color, especially African-American, and Latino communities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Substantial training will be provided for the right candidate.
Director - Jassy Timberlake, M.Ed., LMFT, AASECT
40 Main Street, Suite 103
Florence MA 01062