Northampton Sex Therapy Associates (NSTA) wishes to hire TWO full-time fee-for-service Clinical Sex Therapy Associates to work in a busy, private group practice in Western Massachusetts. All applicants must hold a mental health license in the state of Massachusetts and be able to demonstrate at least 5 years post-licensure clinical experience. In addition, a background and/or demonstrated interest in human sexuality is required. Applicants will be expected to work two evenings each week or one weekend day. Substantial training will be provided for the right candidate.
Applicants must possess the following:
- Be licensed in Massachusetts as a Ph.D., Psy.D., LMHC, LMFT or LICSW
- Give evidence of/or be willing to undergo substantial couples therapy training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy/Schnarch Crucible Model Sex Therapy and Sue Johnson's EFT
- Be used to working with a range of sexuality issues, and be familiar with - or willing to train in - treatment protocols for ED, PE, DE and men and women's sexual health and sexual pain disorders
- GLBTI friendly, aware and welcoming. (It would be a definite plus if applicant has experience working with transgender population.)
- Be willing to sign a non-compete for personal private practice within a 50 mile radius of NSTA
Benefits to working with Northampton Sex Therapy Associates:
- Competitive reimbursement rates
- Minimal paperwork
- Training by AASECT Certified Supervisor of Sex Therapy, leading to associates’ eventual certification as Sex Therapist
- Paid AASECT Membership
- Weekly supervision by certified sex therapist
- $250 annual training stipend
- Beautiful newly-renovated space
- Collegial, friendly working environment as part of a dedicated and passionate team of therapists
We are a team of highly-trained clinicians and sexuality educators who conduct our work in an environment that uses social justice as one of our primary philosophies. NSTA therapists are dedicated to the belief that everybody deserves to have a vibrant and passionate sexual life in a body that is accepted, loved and valued, regardless of age, size, color, social class, sexual orientation, relationship formation, gender identity or physical ability. That means all therapists at NSTA are accepting and nonjudgmental about the entire range of sexual behavior and sexuality. We recognize the importance of being fully present in our bodies and believe that our clients deserve to experience that for themselves. NSTA is the only group private practice in New England dedicated exclusively to providing sex therapy and sexuality counseling to couples, people in poly relationships and individuals.
NSTA does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status covered by federal, state or local law. All employment related decisions will be made on the basis of skills, ability, experience, education, training, and other legitimate factors related to the requirements of the specific position for which the applicant is being considered.
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and your resume to Jassy Timberlake at the address below:
Northampton Sex Therapy Associates
40 Main Street, Suite 206
Florence MA 01062
Or by email to:
Please note that no telephone inquiries will be accepted!