Who is a Good Candidate for Online Therapy?
Good candidates for online therapy are:
- People who live in the State of Massachusetts. Licensing laws prohibit licensed psychotherapists from practicing across state lines. While this may change in the future, the current laws do not allow for a therapist to provide treatment if they are not licensed in the same state where the client resides.
- People who live overseas. Licensing laws for psychotherapists do not apply to therapists providing treatment for overseas clients, so you can access services with an English-speaking therapist based in the USA wherever you live in the world!
- People who are able to reasonably regulate their emotional states.
- Individuals who need treatment for any number of sexual health problems, i.e. erectile dysfunction, delayed ejaculation, rapid ejaculation, sexual pain disorders.
- Couples who are in a reasonably good place in their relationship, but need to find ways to address discrepant desire, a difference in sexual style or are looking for help in energizing their sexual relationship.
- People who can afford to pay for it. Unfortunately, health insurance does not cover online therapy. While there’s hope that this may change in the future, online therapy is currently a self-pay service.
How do we get started?
- You should be willing to have a 15-minute conversation with me prior to beginning services so that I can evaluate whether online therapy will be a good fit for you.
- You should have a good internet connection, a room where you won't be disrupted by noise and a reliable computer with a webcam.
- You should be able to provide me with a telephone number to access in the event of a technological malfunction on either end of our connection.